Orbital ATK Buyer in Mesa, Arizona
Start a new job search
Orbital ATKis currently seeking an experiencedBuyerto provide leadership to ourArmament Systems Divisionteam in ourMesa, AZoffices.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Role description & Responsibilities:
• Supports the organization’s goals by managing and coordinating the supply and demand of programs and the availability of items either manufactured or purchased that support meeting our customer’s goals and expectations.
• Responsible for supporting their respective programs by closely working with the Programs Manager, Material Program Manager, Process Engineer and other key program personnel on material requirements.
• Understands overall requirements both from procurement and in-house manufacturing – including attrition rates and any additional material needed for testing purposes.
• Responsible in analyzing material requirements with any on-hand available inventory.
• Help to prioritize and expedite incoming material as necessary to ensure the material is inspected and accepted and placed into inventory necessary to fulfill manufacturing requirements.
• Responsible to participate in contract closeout.
• Coordinate interdepartmental activity with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Inventory Control, Traffic, and Contract Administration; schedule and expedite the movement of parts.
2-5 years of Material Planning experience
BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge of MRP required.
Excellent math skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power point).
- Experience with Deltek
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type:Full Time
Desired Travel:less than 25%
Years of Experience:1-3 Years