Orbital ATK Sr Mission Assurance Eng in Iuka, Mississippi
Sr Mission Assurance Eng
Categories: Engineering and Sciences
Start a new job search
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Mission Assurance Engineer at our Large Structures Center of Excellence inIuka, Mississippi.
A secret security clearance is preferred, but not required for this position.
Implement mission/flight assurance plans for individual spacecraft flight hardware programs addressing design, manufacturing, integration, and test activities in accordance with company and contractual requirements. Works as a member of an integrated product team with Orbital ATK Safety & Mission Assurance staff in various groups to address technical issues, meet program requirements and ensure mission success. Interface with customers, vendors, and with Orbital ATK Manufacturing, Integration & Test and Engineering organizations to identify and resolve mission/flight assurance issues. Provide support to program Flight Assurance Manager in review of various activities.
Leads core quality improvement projects to build compliant and cost effective processes with sustainable improvements.
Implement quality plans for hardware and software addressing design, manufacturing, integration and test activities in accordance with company and contractual requirements.
Review practices, procedures and processes seeking avenues to improve efficiency and effectiveness and reduce risk to product quality.
Lead root-cause analysis, Corrective and Preventative Action solutions. Analyze and interpret trends and executes improvements on key metrics.
Participates in program and Mission Assurance reviews. Represents Mission Assurance at different program reviews and review boards including Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Corrective Action Board (CAB).
Collect and analyze data related to Risk Management activities.
Evaluate contract program requirements are flowed down internally and to suppliers, ensures compliance with contract program, quality and organizational requirements.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years.
Able to read engineering documentation and inspect drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions. Knowledge base in Cause Analysis tools, such as Ishikawa and fault tree. Previous experience working in AS/ISO/CMMI certified organization.
Other Preferred Skills:
• Working knowledge of MRB systems and document processing
• Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
• Working knowledge of ISO9001 and/or AS9100 quality standards
• Experience working with aerospace specifications and requirements
• Experience using custom manufacturing software to maintain quality records, traceability, etc.
• Experience supporting internal and external audits
• Functional knowledge of composite manufacture and inspection
• Functional knowledge of Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
• Functional knowledge of production control systems (SAP/Visual Mfg/etc)
• Experience authoring, modifying and auditing inspection plans and First Article Inspections (FAI’s).
• Experience using SPC/SQC to monitor and improve processes
Competencies for Success:
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Strong attention to detail
• Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
• High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environmentOrbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type:Full Time
Desired Travel:less than 25%
Years of Experience:3-5 Years